Two-Day Course: Assisting Individuals in Crisis
Completing the Awareness level is strongly recommended but not a required prerequisite. In this two day course, participants will learn the basics of crisis intervention and how to assist individuals in crisis.
Crisis intervention is also known as “emotional first aid” and teaches the fundamentals, protocols, and application of one-on-one crisis intervention techniques in the fields of Business & Industry, Crisis Intervention, Disaster Response, Education, Emergency Services, Employee Assistance,Healthcare, Homeland Security, Mental Health, Military, Spiritual Care, and Traumatic Stress.
This course is offered by an ICISF Approved Instructor and may be eligible for profession-specific Continuing Education Units.
- Psychological crisis and psychological crisis intervention
- Resistance, resiliency, recovery continuum
- Critical incident stress management
- Evidence-based practice
- Basic crisis communication techniques
- Common psychological and behavioral crisis reactions
- Putative and empirically-derived mechanisms
- SAFER-Revised model
- Suicide intervention
- Risks of iatrogenic “harm”